Love your local
Putting even one thing in your shopping basket that’s locally produced or organic makes all the difference. It’s a vote for the future…
– Sheherazade Goldsmith, Environmentalist
Sourcing our wonderful variety of local food products, especially sustainably harvested or grown fish, meat, dairy and in season produce is great for both our health and wellbeing. Locally grown fruit and veg are also full of flavour, being grown seasonably and sold at peak ripeness keeping the nutrients otherwise lost when picked early and shipped across long distances. And, as an additional benefit, keeping an eye out for a local bumper harvest can often result in better pricing.
What can I do?
Three easy moves to get you started on the road to a healthier, more flavorsome menu:
- Find out where your food comes from!
- Shop local, swap or grow your own fruit and veg.
- Support community gardens, farmers markets and sustainably-grown farm-direct options.
Feasible foodies in the neighborhood
- Eat local SA
- Farmers Markets in South Australia
- Food South Australia Directory – Discover the members of Food SA, support the South Australian food industry, find a local provider and source products and ingredients.