Library of Things
What’s a library of things? It’s a system where you can borrow items you might not otherwise have access to.
In 2021, we delivered a successful Library of Things trial, where people borrowed sewing machines, camping gear, and other sustainable living items.
By sharing resources, the Adelaide Sustainability Centre aims to support reduction of community consumption and waste, challenge people to rethink the concept of ownership, and enable people access to resources they may not otherwise have had.
In 2023, we are now officially launching the ASC Library of Things in partnership with Housing Choices SA and welcome you to join us as an individual, household, group or organisation. We also hope to encourage and better enable other groups to establish a Library of Things too.
We have items that support community to connect to our natural environment, and to reduce our impact on the environment. These include camping gear and resources to help you enjoy our natural environment. As well as items to help you explore or reduce your environmental impact, such as sewing machines and energy testing kits.
How it works
- Visit MyTurn to find out more and to browse our inventory.
- Create an account – join using one of our membership options.
- Reserve and borrow available items via our MyTurn website.
- Let us know what you think.
- Items can only be picked up and returned during borrowing hours – 10am-3pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays.
- Wait time – please note that our library is operated by generous volunteers, and inquiries are checked weekly. We appreciate your patience getting back to you.
Head to our myTurn website to view our items!
For inquiries please phone 7123 2166 or email firstname.lastname@example.org