If you really want to make a friend, go to someone’s house and eat with him…the people who give you their food give you their heart.
– Cesar Chavez, Farmer
Sharing food is one of the great pleasures in life. You are what you eat and appreciating healthy and seasonal food together builds rich connections. Rediscover traditional cooking methods with good quality, local produce and share it with family and friends. The stories of these local producers and our everyday lives intertwine at our tables.
What can I do?
Three handy hints for people who love to share but don’t know where to begin:
- Invite friends or family around for a shared dinner
- If you grow your own, share your excess across the fence or through organised food swaps.
- Join the Slow Food network or a local chapter
- Ripe Near Me – find in season fruit ‘n’ veg right near you
- Community Food Swaps – Fruit and vegetable exchanges in Adelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges
- Foodbank SA – a great place to give spare food you don’t want to throw!